love the skin you're in
XEOMIN® Cosmetic™ is an injectable form of Botulinum Toxin A that is purified from additives and excess proteins. It is used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This creates a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance.
How It Works
Fine lines appear due to the facial muscles contracting repeatedly from frowning, squinting, and smiling. XEOMIN® Cosmetic™ temporarily improves the appearance of fine lines by inhibiting targeted facial muscle contraction.
Who Would Benefit
Individuals with fine lines around the eyes (ie. “Crow’s feet”), forehead, and between the brows (ie. “Eleven lines”). XEOMIN® Cosmetic™ can be used for an eye brow lift, correction of a ‘gummy smile’ or eliminating hyperhidrosis (excess sweating). It can also be used for facial slimming by relaxing prominent masseter muscles. Xeomin® Cosmetic™ can also reduce pain related to clenching.
There is no significant preparation for XEOMIN® Cosmetic™ injections. A fine needle is inserted under the skin into the targeted facial muscles with little to no discomfort. The length of time to complete a session can be as short as over a lunch break with no significant downtime. XEOMIN® Cosmetic™ injections should be performed by a highly-skilled medical professional who has a thorough understanding of the facial muscles.
Have a Question?
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not drink alcohol at least 48 hours prior to treatment as alcohol can thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising
- Medications and natural supplements that have anti-inflammatory properties such as vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, garlic, St. johns wart, Omega 3 fish oils, ibuprofen, Aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS should be avoided, if possible, 2 weeks prior to treatment to reduce the risk of bleeding, bruising and swelling after injections
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after
- If you have a history of cold sores, please let your family physician know, as they may want you to be on anti-viral medication prior to injections
- Those who have a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], Myasthenia Gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome)
- Anyone who is pregnant or nursing
- Those who have had an allergic reaction to previous Botox injections
- Results will begin to show in as early as 48 hours and reach full effectiveness by two weeks
- Duration of effects can be as long as four months.
Yes. The treated muscles gradually regain function, and generally return to their former appearance.
XEOMIN® Cosmetic™ injections should be performed by a highly-skilled medical professional who has a thorough understanding of the facial muscles.
- Individuals typically report little to no discomfort. Most routine activities can be resumed following a session.
- Avoid manipulating the treated area for up to 4 hours following treatment
- Avoid laser treatments or microdermabrasion/micro-needling after XEOMIN® Cosmetic™ injections for at least three weeks. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Do not lie down 4 hours post-treatment
- Do not perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 12 hours after treatment.