love the skin you're in
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelets are key to the body’s healing ability and known to release growth factors that respond to tissue injury. Platelet rich plasma therapy is an ‘autologous’ therapy, which means the plasma is separated from your own blood and injected for a safe and natural treatment.
How It Works
PRP contains several growth factors that contribute to tissue repair, collagen production, promotion of wound healing and new generation and repair of blood vessels.
Who Would Benefit
Individuals seeking facial rejuvenation by reduction of fine lines, acne scars, photo aging, hyperpigmentation, large pores and stretch marks by delivering growth factors to the dermis of the skin.
Addition of PRP to Micro-needling improves its efficacy by amplifying the results and recovery for individuals who seek an all-natural treatment.
Platelet-Rich Plasma is prepared by taking a small sample of the individual’s own blood.
Platelets are separated from Platelet-Poor Plasma (PPP), red blood cells and white blood cells via centrifugation. PRP is collected and may be applied to the treatment site either with a fine needle injection or micro-needling pen.
Have a Question?
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avoid Accutane for the past 6 months
- Do not use topical agents that may increase sensitivity of skin: retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, acids that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, salicylic acids, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide acne products) 5-7 days prior
- Medications and natural supplements that have anti-inflammatory properties such as vit E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, garlic, St. johns wart, Omega 3 fish oils, ibuprofen, Aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS should be avoided, if possible, 2 weeks prior to treatment to reduce the risk of bleeding/bruising.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil for 3 days prior to treatment. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation
- Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure or sunburn for 2 weeks prior
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis to area being treated 5-7 days prior
- No shaving the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there is dense hair present in the treatment area, closely shave the area the day before you arrive to your appointment. Moles, warts or actinic (solar) keratosis cannot be treated.
- If you are prone to cold sores, take antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment.
- Since the autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is produced from a individual’s own blood, there is virtually no risk of an allergic reaction or rejection.
- The blood draw takes just a couple of minutes, followed immediately by a 10-minute centrifugation. The time involved in the application varies based on which procedure is being performed.
We will create a treatment plan based on your individual needs.
- Eclipse PRP® is close to a physiologic pH, which means the product is less likely to cause a stinging or burning sensation. There may be some temporary discomfort or possible redness and inflammation at the application site, but quickly resolves.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen Motrin or Advil for 1 week
- Do not ice face or use arnica or bromelain. These agents may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for 2 weeks. After 24 hours, always use a full spectrum sun screen SPF30 or above. When exposed to sun, wear a hat and apply sunscreen every 2 hours.
- Use acetaminophen only as needed for any soreness
- Redness or sensitivity might well be present. Some small bruising is common with PRP injections and may last up to 5-7 days and swelling can last 2-4 days depending on how aggressive of a treatment you received
- PRP with Micro-Needling:
- A sunburn -like effect is normal. The skin will feel tight, dry, sensitive to touch. Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment
- Avoid strenuous exercises that cause sweating, hot-tub, sauna or steam baths for 72 hours due to open pores, or up to 48 hours if inflammation exists.
- May use Mineral-based makeup after 24 hours