love the skin you're in
Chemical peels are treatments designed to address various imperfections of the skin including dullness, abnormal pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars.
How It Works
Chemical peels work by penetrating the deep surface layers of the skin, hence triggering increased collagen production and turnover of new skin cells. Regular treatments result in a refreshed, rebalanced and revitalized appearance. They are an excellent option for skincare as they can:
Improve skin tone, texture and firmness, diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, clear acne-prone skin, revitalize sensitive skin, decongest pores and minimize milia.
Who Would Benefit
JFC offers the AlumierMD advanced peels that are designed to treat various imbalances and imperfections in most skin types. These treatments are meticulously customized by our expert medical aesthetician in order to address each individual’s concerns and desired results.
The treatment process for a chemical peel will vary among individuals as it is tailored for each person. Generally, the skin in thoroughly cleansed and prepared with a balancing solution. Corrective products are then used. A thin layer of acid ( i.e. glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic, acid) is applied by a soft brush to the face. Individuals may feel mild stinging while the chemical solution is on the skin.
A neutralizing solution or wash is used to remove the chemical solution from the treated area. A combination of products from AlumierMD home care line will be added to enhance treatment and to address the individual’s concern. Finally, products are used to calm and protect the skin.
BHA 20: A 20% salicylic acid resurfacing peel that improves skin texture by exfoliating dead skin cells on the surface of the skin and within pores. It reduces acne pimples and helps correct skin discoloration.
Glow: Glow Peel combines 7% lactic acid, 7% salicylic acid and 7% resorcinol, creating a multipurpose resurfacing solution effective in minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation issues like age spots, discoloration and uneven skin tone. Brightening Accelerator is applied to exfoliated skin post-peel for increased absorption of ingredients and specially formulated to enhance any of the AlumierMD peels with skin brighteners, antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients.
Renew 30: Renew 30 is an alpha hydroxy acid resurfacing peel containing 30% lactic acid to exfoliate dead skin cells and boost skin turnover, improving texture and tone. This multifunctional peel targets skin concerns, including fine lines and wrinkles, discoloration, sun damage and large pores.
Have a Question?
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refrain from using products that contain retinoids (i.e. retin-A, Tazorac, retinol) , products with high percentages of vitamin C, or any products containing AHAs or BHAs at least 7 days prior to treatment
- Do not have any skin treatments for at least 7 days prior to chemical peels
- If you are prone to cold sores, notify us as you may require anti viral medication prior to treatment
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis to area being treated one week prior
- No shaving the day of the procedure
- You cannot have the treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You may not be a good candidate for chemical peels if you have:
- A history of abnormal skin scarring
- A tendency to have extra pigmentation of your scars
- Skin conditions or medications that make the skin more sensitive than normal
Results are seen within a few days. Your skin may peel, sloughing off the dead skin as new skin is formed.
Results duration is proportional on the type of treatment and depth of penetration from the peel.
- Typically, it is recommended to have three treatments spaced out over three months.
- Further treatments may be required depending on the skin’s condition and preferred outcome
Depending on the type of chemical peel treatment used, individuals may experience a sunburn type sensation.
Refrain from sun or tanning bed exposure, microdermabrasion, laser hair removal, photo facials, chemical peels and laser/RF skin treatments for at least 14 days following the chemical peel
Refrain from waxing, threading and all other depilatories, neuro toxin injections (i.e. Botox, Dysport, Xeomin), dermal filler injections, use of retinoid, use of mechanical exfoliants, use of topical AHAs/BHAs and all other exfoliant topical skin care products, self tanning products and topical acne treatments for at leas 7 days following the chemical peel
Use a professional, medical grade sun protection product (SPF 30 or higher) for a minimum of 14 days post procedure and avoid direct sun exposure